Capturing Paris

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Summary: Annie Reed and her husband for twenty-five years are living a seemingly-perfect life in the city of lights. But when things turn for the worse in her husband's career, and a mysterious, new woman enter their lives, suddenly, life in Paris may never be the same again.

Review: This is a simple book; a simple story with a simple ending. To me, the plot is overdone: characters suffering from mid-life crisis situations in a beautiful city. But I didn't think it was a bad read.

Also, the title says it all. The author does, in fact, capture the very essence of the city in such a poetic manner. Everything was handled with grace and sensitivity. I thought that was the best thing about this book.

Would I recommend it? Probably not. But if you like to get the idea of the wonderful city, read it for that reason. I know that was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment