Suite Francaise

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A book containing two narratives; one fiction, one factual explaining how the fiction part came about. This is about life in France, when the Germans and Hitler were invading Paris around the 40’s. It goes in depth about what the French civilians go through, from children to adults.

This book is chilling at its very best, its descriptions so realistic that even I had trouble trying to imagine what these characters, these real people, must have felt. The narratives are so strong; every word essential to build this masterpiece of a book.

I don’t think Suite Francaise is a very popular novel exactly, and I feel it does not get the credit it deserves. I feel that once you give it a try, you would feel as astounded as I did when I first read it. It’s a book I definitely recommend. Great writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment