The Sea of Monsters

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

For this book, I will not write my own synopsis. If you are interested, and would like to read more about it, you can learn more about it here.

Review: The only complain I have is that this second installment in the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series is that it ended way too soon. I just finished a couple of hours ago, and I was literally, just staring at the cover of the book, thinking to myself, "What am I going to do now?" Seriously.

I just wanted it to go on and on, and I honestly wouldn't get tired of it. That being said, it's pretty obvious I also loved this one, as much as I loved The Lightning Thief. Actually, my review for The Lightning Thief, is pretty much identical to my review for this sequel -- because everything I loved about the first book, was brought back here. The same originality, excitement, and writing are all there. The only additional comments I can say is that, the plot and the characters are more developed, and I think I love them even more, if that's even possible. In fact, my favorite character really is Percy Jackson himself. For me, it's quite rare that I find the main protagonist in series like these to be my favorite, but with this exciting and original story based on Greek mythology, I think I've made an exception.
I can not wait to read the third! I will actually try to call Half Price Books today to find out if they have it in stock. If they don't, I guess I'll be making another trip to Target again -- tonight! *tsk, I can almost hear my conscience -- and my mom? -- telling me to stop spending so much $$ on books!*
Ahhh. It's worth it ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it really is worth it. Am glad your shared this review. I was actually waiting to see the movie before i read this particular series but now i think I'll do it the other way. I hope you find the third book. Would love to hear about it when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! I have to admit, I didn't really know what to think of Tyson @ first... haha :D
    By the way, did you check out my posts today by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series. My 10 year old read the series and then we saw the movie! She as disappointed in the movie. So i read the book and I can see why she felt that way. I love the books and I liked the movie.

    Saying HI from the Book Blog HOP! So fun meeting new bloggers. I am now following your blog!!! Stop in at #41 on the hop which is me, Scraps of Life!!! Thanks so much http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete