Books I Read This Week

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Willow by Julia Hoban
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Library
Review: Still writing.

Seven months ago, Willow was driving the car that took both her parents' life. Stricken with this event, she finds solace and refuge with a metal blade.
Cutting is the only way for her. She is unable to stop, as it gives her an escape, though temporary. And then she meets a boy named Guy, and maybe -- just maybe -- he can teach her how to change everything.

The Midnight Escape by Alice W. Flaherty
Genre: Non-Fiction/Psychology
Source: Gift from someone
Review: Still writing.

This is an interesting non-fiction book that is written by a neuroscientist and a writer. The book is mainly about 'the drive to write, writer's block, and the creative brain.' The author looks into this with her research connecting writing&emotion, and writing&brain.



The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure Young Adult
Source: Purchased
My Review: Read it over here.

This is the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The long-awaited battle against Kronos and his army is finally here.





Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston
Genre: General Fiction
Source: Library
My Review: Read it over here.

Ted and Elinor is a couple in crisis. They have been through two years of unsuccessful fertility treatments after another. All the stress, heart break, disappointments, and pressure makes their marriage seem like a job. Eventually, everything starts to fall apart between them. But Elinor never expected that her husband will ever cheat on her and resort to an affair with someone else.

I started on:

The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Genre: Fantasy Young Adult
Source: Purchased

I am halfway through this book, but felt the need to skip it for now. It's not exactly because I wasn't enjoying it, but maybe I wasn't feeling it just yet. I am definitely looking forward to picking this up again though.






Currently Reading

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Genre: Children's Fantasy
Source: Library










**

There you have it for this week. I only managed to read 4 1/2 books, but hopefully next week I'll have more time to sneak in some more! How about you? Thanks everyone and happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Four books in a week! Boy do I wish I could read at that rate, but I can't get through that many in a week. Even when I intentionally choose shorter books for some reason I tend to read them slower. I average 1.5-2.5 books in a week :)

    ReplyDelete