The Last Olympian

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Note: Like all my other reviews for this series, I will not be writing my own synopsis. However, you can read more about it here.

The Last Olympian is the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and as I have said -- over and over again -- I love this series and I am sad that it is over. This is one of those books that I find it hard to part with. This might sound a bit crazy, but this is a kind of story that showcases characters so believable and realistic, that I feel as if I have been reading about them all their lives. Rick Riordan finds a way to paint them vividly -- and with such great justice. Speaking of Rick Riordan, as usual, he delivers once again. The writing and pace are perfect. The perfect balance of humor, wit, and action are maintained and are still there. The story itself is still as intriguing, exciting, and mind bending as it always has been.
And though I'm not usually a fan of battle scenes, -- as I always find it a bit challenging to get into them -- I'd have to make an exception for this one. With this action-packed series, I was pleasantly surprised that I found those to be one of the best and most enjoyable parts.
Simply put, The Last Olympian is a great book! It is written just as good as the other four, and maybe even better. This ending, as well as the others, starts off incredibly well, rises on top just right, and ends perfectly. It is now one of my favorites, and again, I will give it 5 stars; highly recommended! Now that I'm done with the whole thing, one thing's for sure; I'm definitely going to miss Seaweed Brain.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I felt sad when this series ended, too. Hopefully the characters of Riordan's new series will be decent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is the last book!? Oh i thought there was more, thats sad! I really have to read the rest of these books, there so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you enjoyed this one! It's such a fun series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has quickly become my favourite book series but I'm still on the waiting list at the library for this book. I should get it the first week of May and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this one too. It was great, and very well done.

    ReplyDelete