i missed reading.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Yesterday, it was raining around where I live, which basically forced me to stay in the house, mostly in bed. To add to the whole relaxing mood, I had candles lit up and a cup of tea on my bedside table, while I caught up on my reading. Doing this really made me miss books so much. Sad to say I haven't been reading much lately due to 'real life getting in the way.'

I was able to finish The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (review coming up soon!) and was able to start with Fire on the Blood by Irene Nemirovsky. She is probably one of my favorite writers, as her words are simply poetic, flowing with effortless fluidity. I was able to take in as much pages and chapters as possible, and I am just in love with it so far.

So this post is mainly for me to ask, do you ever feel like real life just gets in the way of things sometimes and prevents you from doing what you actually enjoy doing -- like for instance, reading? Perhaps even blogging? I know I do, and I guess it's just nice to finally catch up on something I really love, because I really did miss it. What are you currently reading right now and how are you liking it so far?

I hope you all had a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Haha!! Hi Jillian, yeah sometimes real life get in my way of doing what I love to do. I'm siting exam this week, so have limited time to read story books. All I read now are bunch of boring lecture notes. =)

    CJ @ Coffee N Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true! There were times that real life can get you into so much trouble that I crave for the "book" life. Haha!!! Having said that, I'm reminded that I have ten e-books to read. Haha! Have a great time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, with a busy family to look after life does take first place. I cannot remember how I managed to work and have a family before the youngest came along!

    I find too much blogging gets in the way of my reading!!! But one without the other, I cannot imagine! :)

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the time! On top of that, I'm a slow & steady type of reader which makes me finish books at a snail's pace :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had exactly the same experience recently - life (specifically, a ridiculous work travel schedule) has gotten in the way of my books. And when I finally returned home last night, I was darn near having physical withdrawl symptoms! But I holed myself up in my "book room" and read for a good three hours. I feel like myself again this morning! So, yes, I can totally empathize with your notion of life getting in the way with something you really enjoy - reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been exactly where you are. Frequently, college, work, and homework gets in the way. Throw in my attempt at keeping a social life and the occasional friend drama, and reading ends up taking the backseat. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much of a way around it. What I DO try to do though is to take out at least 30 minutes each day for "fun" reading. I figure (with rare exceptions) that there is nothing absolutely essentially crucial that I could do in those 30 minutes, and having some "fun" reading time every day makes me a happier person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I'm feeling the same right now. Since I got back to school, in August, I have barely read. Exams after exams plus projects = no time at all for nothing like this. Right now I'm studying super hard for tests, and will be hopefully free to do anything I want in 16 days. Please, come closer, November 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how lucky are you??? sounds like a perfect day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand what you're going through. It happens periodically in my life. Having a good reading day or getting lost in a good book always brings me back. I try to actively make time to read, but it doesn't always happen. Just do what's best for you. That's all anyone can ever ask. :)

    ReplyDelete