inspired by a book.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Yesterday, I wrote a review on Where She Went by Gayle Forman and mentioned that the reason I mainly had to give it 5 stars was because of how realistic and believable the main characters are. I said that I was so emotionally involved with the story, especially with Adam's emotions. His pain just felt so genuine to me.

I was actually listening to music the whole time I was reading Where She Went. I just felt like a companion song was appropriate, being that Adam is a musician. With a guitar. This song, by Roy Orbison, was one of the songs I thought that Adam himself could have sung for Mia. It's a beautiful cover by Jimmy Gnecco, and I just think the lyrics and emotions behind it are on-point and perfect. Let me know what you all think if you've read the books.

5 comments:

  1. It is a nice feeling when you are listening to music and it fits perfectly to what you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I'm one of those people who can not listen to music when reading. Nice song though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the book, but the song is enough to convince me to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marce - Definitely. I sometimes think of 'theme songs' and tracks that would fit certain songs! Haha.

    Jenny - I usually don't, but felt that for this book it was appropriate! :)

    Melissa - I think you will like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. :) These are definitely emotional reads. The music gives them depth! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete