The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Rating: 4 stars

Review: I'm a huge follower and fan of Tess Gerritsen's work and have read all of her books. I was excited when I had the opportunity to meet her when she went to Northern California and especially when I got an autographed copy of her latest book, The Silent Girl! Let me go ahead and say that I enjoyed it.
I thought the story itself is great, and loved the fact that she used her Chinese-American background to write it. I liked the characters, as usual, and thought her writing is as good as ever. No cliches, no nonsense. It's also incredibly fast-paced, intriguing, and exciting, and has just the perfect amount of descriptions and details. The flow of the book and the overall development of the characters as well as the plot were executed very well, I thought.

While I don't think this is her best work necessarily - as I still can't get over The Surgeon and Body Double - I'm happy I can say that I still enjoyed it. It had me guessing, and kept me entertained all throughout. Tess Gerritsen definitely has the ability to capture her audience with her words, and I can't wait to read more from her hopefully soon.

10 comments:

  1. I have read only two of her books. The Surgeon and Gravity, both of which I thought were awesome. She is an exciting narrator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep on reading good reviews about Tess Geritssen's books. But, I haven't read any from her just yet. Maybe I should read one of them soon. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May - Surgeon's my favorite from her, and Gravity was great I agree!

    cj - I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read her for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph - I think you'll like her! Try The Surgeon first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading this series and just finished this earlier this week. I liked that it's fast paced! Haven't had time to review yet... soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lot of books on my plate right now but I will read a Tess Gerritson soon I hope-- I've been wanting to since you recommemded her awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. christa - Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

    Lesa - Yes! :) Let me know when you finally do get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read her for the 1st time last month and loved The Surgeon. I definitely will continue the series, I haven't decided if I will read her new and try to catch up slowly or just read in order and always be behind, hmmmm, decisions.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marce - I'd say read from the beginning. The thing with her series is, though there are some little things you get to know as you get through the books, it's not necessary to go in order. So you can do whatever you want. You can skip a book even. I would recommend Body Double!

    ReplyDelete