my blog... it's 4 years old.

Thursday, March 13, 2014


The blog's anniversary was on January 10, but it really has just hit me today that this little blog is now four. FOUR!

When I first started this blog in 2010, I didn't think anybody would read my posts. Unexpectedly, people started visiting, following, and commenting, and I have gained so many internet-friends. Even though I am not active here anymore, I still appreciate the fact that I still am friends with those people until today. We follow each other on our personal instagram and facebook accounts, and we still gush about books. It's a wonderful thing really. 

To be honest, I do want to come back and get in the swing of things again. I won't make any promises, but I want to try... for myself. This place (not to be dramatic or anything) was my escape and I really learned a lot from just blogging and interacting with like-minded people. In a way as well, it really helped me truly discover my passions in life.

Four years ago, there was nothing I loved more than getting home after a long day and logging on to get to talk about my favorite things. And when I would wake up in the morning, checking my blog email was the best thing. More importantly, getting to read wonderful works of literature and share about them... it was incredible. 

I miss this little space I call my own. 
Happy Birthday, Random Ramblings.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I know you started a new endeavour, hope that is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marce. I have another blog with someone else, but I still love this one and am going to start getting into again.

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary! Ijust passed the 4 year mark as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely remember your blog in the beginning stages :D

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th year! I'm glad you're back to blogging here :-) - nanette

    ReplyDelete