Book Inspired Outfits: Divergent Factions

Friday, April 4, 2014

It has been a long time I have done one of these posts. Previously, I have done women in the YA genrewomen in the Classics,  and Hogwarts Houses.Today, we are tackling Divergent. Now I have read the book before, but didn't completely fall in love as much as others did. However, I've always liked the idea of the five groups and thought the concept was quite unique. After watching the movie adaptation very recently, I was immediately inspired.

I not only went with their faction colors, but I also tried to capture each of their main personalities, values, and characteristics. I also wanted things that I myself could wear, depending on my mood. So here we go. Very loosely inspired by the five factions...

Abnegation

Abnegation
Those who belong in this faction value selflessness. They are the least vain of them all, avoiding looking at themselves in the mirror, and wearing loosely fitted clothing that will be sure NOT to grab attention. Their faction color is grey, and they try to be as plain as possible, only allowing themselves a simple watch for their accessory. 

Erudite

Erudite
Cute outfit I would wear to work!
Those in Erudite are dedicated to intelligence and knowledge. They are told to wear at least one blue item of clothing because the color blue releases calming chemicals which supports their saying that A calm mind is a clear mind.


Dauntless
Dauntless
Of course, my favorite. The bad asses.
This faction gets to wear all the black they want. I like this color palette a lot, just because you can play with so many different textures of clothing and fabrics: leather, suede, faux fur, polyester... you name them, as long as they are in black, they can probably wear them. Dauntless are the warriors of their society. They are brave and almost fearless.


Amity
Amity
Fun one to create! I would wear this during the summer time. Those in Amity tend to wear red or yellow. They value peace more than anything else. They are carefree, easy going, laid back, and loving. Imagine these people playing in the fields during a nice summer day, running around with huge smiles on their faces.



candor


Candor
Do you work in a more formal office setting? Have a job interview coming up? Dress like someone from Candor would. Aside from their usual 'uniform' of a black suit and tie, I wanted to give them a bit of style too. This would be something they would wear if they are discussing important matters and the truth about other factions or other people ;) They are also bad asses in my opinion, but in a more refined and sophisticated way. 

-----

There you have it! I invite you to maybe do your own, or tell me in the comments if you agree with my choices or if you would change anything! Again, this is just my interpretation of their fashion choices, based off their color themes as well as their main duties in their society. For more, check out the other inspired outfits I've created in the past. Links for them are above! 





3 comments:

  1. I love this! I think you nailed it. Even the style of the outfits fit with the factions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    I haven't started the Divergent series, but I've got really into fashion since we last talked, Jillian, and I feel that I have an adequate appreciation of these outfits. ;-) I like the Erudite and Candor outfits the best . . . but that's mostly because they're the ones I'd look best in. LOL!

    It's good to see that your blog is active again, Jillian! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for still being here!! I would LOVE to wear Candor too. Just looks so classy haha

      Delete