Dewey's Readathon this Saturday!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is this Saturday, the 26th already! This is going to be my very first time joining a readathon (can you believe it?) and I seriously can't wait.


The 24 hour readathon is basically an event that happens twice a year, where we read as much as we can, talk about our reading throughout the hours, and visit other blogs that are participating in the event. Throughout the day, there are also mini-challenges, which sounds extremely fun. The last time I checked, there are 281 readers signed up! 

I don't have an 'official stack of books' yet, but I am thinking of books that are 300 pages or less, short stories, and graphic novels/comics. Since I live in California, my start time is at 5am, but I have to work that day at 7:45-11:45. Other than that though, the whole day will be pretty much devoted to the event.

I wanted to put this post up as to ask you if you are joining the readathon as well, and if you are, please link your blogs and twitter accounts below, as I definitely want to follow you before Saturday! 
Let me know also your planned stack of books, and random question... what's your must-haves during the day? Snacks, etc. Haha. Anyway, I hope you have a great rest of the week! 

In the meantime, follow me on twitter! 

10 comments:

  1. Yay...this is my first time doing the readathon and I'm so excited! I have my stack ready (although I've changed it several times already). I haven't planned out my snacks yet but I know I'll make a run to Dunkin for a break at some point in the day and for dinner I'll definitely be ordering pizza because it's easy and won't interfere with my reading time. :) My goal is 12 hours total, but we shall see what happens!

    Good luck...I'll check your blog and see how you're doing!

    http://bookjunkie54.wordpress.com/
    Twitter - @bookjunkie54

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm pizza sound perfect!! My goal is probably 12 total too, we shall see! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're participating. It's such a fun event. I always make a big stack of short stories, YA books, children's books and graphic novels before the big day. It keeps me from wandering around my library and trying to pick out my next book when I should be reading. I also get some fun snacks for the big day. This time it's chips and salsa, apple chips, carrot sticks, double shot espresso drinks and I have chili already made for dinner that night. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chili sounds fantastic and I definitely need to stock up on coffee.

      Delete
  3. WOOHOO! I am so excited about a chance to finally do Dewey RIGHT (rather than working right through both days and getting a good eight hours' sleep in the middle!), I'm not sure quite where I'm going to install myself to avoid waking everyone up in the night, but... sod it, it's the weekend, we'll get around it somehow. I have a tentative book pile in mind, but I'm sifting through a few other candidates over the next day or two to create a final TBR. I'm won't read them all, but at least I won't have to go combing through boxes of books at 3am this way, I'll already have a few to choose from!

    We're already blog buddies - HELLO FROM BOOK ADDICTED BLONDE - but I think I'll probably update on Twitter as well at @BlondeBookGirl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also created a final TBR so I have a prepared stack of books to read that day. And you're lucky not to work both days :) Enjoy your readathon!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Good luck with the read-a-thon, we'll pop over and visit you are see how you are getting on. This is the third one for me and my daughter and we have developed our own traditions, cake and pizza and onesies. We doze on the sofa occasionally but avoid going to bed as that takes up too much time. I have to do a full day at work before it starts here in the Uk so I do tend to need a bit of rest to make it through the 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake, pizza, and onesies... THAT sounds fantastic!

      Delete
  5. Best of luck! Snacks are great but I find it useful to make up something nutritious (casserole/chilli etc) the day before than can easily be reheated. It's amazing how much a proper meal will help keep you going. A lot of people order pizza though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyyy! I love meeting first-time readathonners! I think you'll have a blast. :D But I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete