Books I've Read So Far This Year

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Last year, I probably only read 10 books, and that to me, was a huge difference compared to my usual reading habits. I have to say I am very happy that I have now passed that number, and I have not had a slump this year... yet. It might happen, but for now, I am excited to be so into reading like this again. 

These are the books that I've read so far this year in no particular order. 
For a complete list, click here.
*The Little Prince and Game of Thrones are re-reads.


As you can see, I've mixed mostly general fiction with a bit of sci-fi, autobiography, classics, nonfiction, and young adult. What has been your favorite read so far this year? Let me know in the comments below. As always, happy reading! 


7 comments:

  1. You have some really great books on this list! I absolutely love Fahrenheit 451 and have been meaning to re-read it forever -- so many others here are on my TBR though, including most of the classics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fahrenheit 451 is great, and I read the graphic novel version this year, and really enjoyed that as well.

      Delete
  2. I've read two of these books this year. I just read We Were Liars - I liked the style but I was not too impressed by the ending, especially because it was very similar to another book I had just finished. I read TSWGO right when it was published and actually wrote a paper about it for a uni course on autobiographies of childhood. My favourite reads this year are probably Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't really like We Were Liars as much as others did. And I have heard great things about Boy, Snow, Bird plus the cover is lovely. Might pick that up soon. Hm, what's TSWGO?

      Delete
    2. This Star Won't Go Out :) Sorry, I got so used to using the abbreviation ^^;

      Delete
  3. You've read some great books this year - I loved Burial Rites and Lolita. I managed to reread Game of Thrones as well this year, I haven't carried on rereading the series yet but I would like to.
    My favourite reads this year are We Need New Names and The Painted Veil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita was something else. Love Burial Rites, and thank you for those two recs. I have not read both of them. Maybe I'll check them out.

      Delete