Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: Reading for a Cause

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I am so excited that the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is here yet again. It's probably one of my favorite things from the book community. I love the fact that we get to dedicate a whole day to reading, but I especially love how it gives us readers a chance to interact with fellow book lovers.

This time around, I, along with four others (Melissa, Roberta, Jennifer, and Rikke) decided to read for a cause. Together we started a fundraising campaign for Pencils of Promise, a global organization that focuses on providing quality education for all. Their proceeds go directly into building schools in communities, supporting and training teachers, and providing a safe and sanitary place for education.

I ask you now if you are participating in the readathon to donate any amount that you can because every little bit counts.

We also of course are very excited that we have extra "perks" to offer those who donate to the cause. Thanks to our generous sponsors like Out of Print, among others, we are able to host mini giveaways for very cool bookish items. We will make announcements regarding the giveaways later, but in the meantime, enjoy the readathon and please support an organization that could potentially help provide a much-needed quality education for those that do not get the same privilege that we get everyday.

2 comments:

  1. I participated in the read-a-thon and enjoyed it. I wasn't able to donate to the cause though. However, I did see how much success ya'll had and just wanted to say it was a really awesome thing to do. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And I'm glad you enjoyed the readathon. It is always so much fun.

      Delete